Friday, January 4, 2008

Honest Analysis

My photography greatly improved once I reached a point where I could take a look at one of my images and really pick it apart. If one of my images sucks I'm the first to admit it -and the last because those shots normally get deleted. I was going to make a post about being able to honestly analyze your own work but Strobist beat me to it and after reading his post I can't top it, so go on over and check it out yourself. Here's a quote:

"If you can be easily swayed by what the other people in the room think of your shots (good or bad) you begin to be less of a thinking photographer, and more of a weather vane. This inhibits your growth as a photographer and will almost certainly preclude you from developing a strong personal style."

Well said...

No comments: